Looking for the best spin bike on the market? Don’t buy before you read our spin bike reviews in this article!
A spin bike is the best exercise bike equipment to have so you can continue with your cardiovascular workouts in spite of joint problems or even during the off-season. However, there are a few people who are still apprehensive to purchase a spin bike. Because they usually don’t read spin bike reviews carefully.
These fears include not knowing the features to look for in a spin bike and how to use it. They also complain not knowing which brands are ideal for home use. Some are even anxious about the health benefits of a spin bike. Still others are not sure about the safety of indoor cycling. Most of all, people think that spin bikes are generally expensive.
Spin bike reviews are made to help cycling enthusiasts to make a wise purchase decision, which is the purpose of this review. I have discussed the necessary information about spin bikes, tackling on its benefits, advantages, best features, as well as presenting the tips and tricks on using a spin bike.
Top 3 Best Spin Bike Reviews 2020
Sunny Health and Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike
The Sunny Health and Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike is a remarkable spin bike with an upright, compact design and a chain drive mechanism for a smooth and quiet workout. It is fitted with a 22-pound flywheel for a better realistic cycling experience. This bike has an easy-to-read digital display console that helps to track the user’s speed, time, distance and calories burned. It also features a molded, padded, adjustable seat that enables users to find the most convenient seating position while cycling.
This bike has a strong, sturdy steel frame and can accommodate a maximum weight of 240 lbs. It comes with a manual adjustment for resistance that allows the user to select the suitable tension level during the workout. It is easy to assemble and comes with all the needed tools for assembly.
The Sunny Health and Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike is full of superb features that can help any new beginner or fitness enthusiast achieve their fitness goal. Most of all, it is very affordable and very efficient.
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse has a remarkable, space-saving design that allows for easy storage. It is fitted with wheels that makes it portable. Monitoring your time, distance, speed, heart rate and calories burned is easy with the LCD display with a 3.3”W x 1.5”H window that makes it easy to read the results. The user can easily adjust the tension level for an easier or tougher workout with the 8-level Magnetic Tension Control System.
It has a 3-piece “high-torque” that provides users a smooth and consistent pedaling motion, so users can listen to music, watch TV or even talk to someone when exercising. Smooth and quiet operation is achieved with the precision-balanced flywheel and V-belt drive. It features an adjustable large cushioned seat and can sit users with heights between 5’3” and 6’1”. The large pedals are equipped with safety straps to hold the feet securely while cycling. This easy-to-operate spin bike is made of heavy steel frame tubes and strongly welded and can accommodate users up to 300 lbs. weight.
The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse is an excellent purchase in spite of being expensive because it is built with plenty of magnificent features and is very reliable.
Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse
The Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse is the ideal exercise equipment for people who want to achieve an arduous cardiovascular workout without putting much stress on the joints. It is extremely sturdy that it can hold a maximum 300-pound user weight. The recumbent design makes getting on and off the bike easily, and prevents you from stressing your back and knees for a more comfortable workout.
You can customize the ride and challenge yourself eventually with the 8-level Magnetic Tension Control System. The large, easy-to-read LCD shows your distance, time, speed, calories burned and heart rate. The “smooth torque” crank system with V-belt drive and precision-balanced flywheel offers consistent, smooth and quiet pedaling.
This spin bike is also equipped with transportation wheels, making it easy to move from one area to another. The large pedals with safety straps keep your feet in place, while the leg stabilizers offer a solid platform when performing even the most difficult of workouts. The adjustable, wide padded seat is suitable for users with a height ranging from 5’ to 6’3”and offers much comfort. This bike is suitable for use by a senior.
See also: Best upright spin bike reviews
Advantages of Using a Best Spin Bike
The fears and anxieties on using a spin bike are actually unfounded. As a matter of fact, using a spin bike is getting more popular as an indoor workout exercise. Indoor cycling has become the yardstick for getting a complete cardio workout.
Knowing the advantages of using a spin bike will help you to better understand why this bike is an effective exercise equipment. That is why it is important to check these when reading spin bike reviews. After all, the purpose of making a product review is to help consumers decide which brand to purchase. This spin bike review discusses the advantages of using a spin bike to help you make a good choice.
- It improves cardiovascular system. The cardiovascular system consists of the heart and lungs. The regular use of a spin bike improves the flow of blood throughout the body, increasing oxygen distribution. This helps improve the performance of your heart and lungs eventually and enhances your general fitness level.
- It helps burn more calories. A 40-minute cycling workout can help you burn 400–600 calories with an average of 80-110 rpm. Because of this lose weight feature, many people bought this fitness machine after reading spin bike reviews.
- It gives you a good abs workout. Using a spin bike does not only work on the leg muscle groups, but also on the abdominal muscles. You obtain an upper body rhythm going as you spin that helps keep your leg rhythm, too. As you move from a slightly bent and side to side position, your central abdominal muscles as well as the sides of your abdomen are worked out. The results are not immediate, but you will feel that your body and abs start to get toned over time.
- It enhances leg strength. Spinning bike uses the largest muscle groups, quadriceps, glutes and hamstrings that help improve blood flow to these muscle groups. It also strengthens the tendons and calf muscles for an overall improved leg strength.
- It is great for shaping your legs. The large muscle groups are used when spinning. Spinning three times a week will create a difference in your thighs, calves and hamstrings. You will be surprised with the changes and soon you will get those shapely legs.
- It helps build mental strength. Regardless of your profession, a spin bike helps in building your mental strength. The warm ups and cool downs in spinning are great ways to relax. Start by closing your eyes and doing slow cycles to allow the physical effort to become a tool in releasing unexpressed emotions.
- It improves posture. Spinning helps to increase body alignment and posture, as it encourages the use of stabilizer muscles found in your shoulders, trunks and hips.
- It is low impact. Spin bikes are low impact exercise equipment, so it is easy on your muscles and joints. It is ideal for people who had previous muscle or joint injury, as well as for those who have issues with impact sports. Some people are afraid to use the treadmill, stair stepper and elliptical because of painful impact on their knees and feet. Spin bikes prevent this from happening because it is a low impact exercise equipment. It is well recommended for people who cannot tolerate the pain of high impact cardiovascular workouts.
- It allows you to progress at your own pace. Spin bikes have a resistance control that allows you to adjust the resistance according to your level. Thus, you can increase strength and endurance at your own pace.
The market offers plenty of spin bikes that claims to deliver the functionality and adjustability needed for a quality workout. That said, it is crucial to know which of these indoor exercise bikes are suitable for your specific exercise needs as some are better fitted to certain people and their exercise needs. The following spin bike reviews will help prospective buyers to identify quickly the most excellent exercise bikes.
How to Choose the Best Spin Bike?
Most spin bike reviews forget to discuss the tips on how to choose the best spin bike. This section is very important because it will help buyers to know and understand which features are essential. The features of spin bikes differ in a large extent and some bikes offer benefits that are designed for specific users.
A spin bike that offers much comfort for extended workouts is ideal for cyclists who intend to have a long workout. A spin bike with a lower resistance is perfect for casual riders. Alternatively, a bike with adequate resistance is recommended for high-performance cyclists to get a good workout.
To help you choose the best spin bike, I have listed the factors that you need to consider before making a purchase.
Step 1: The Purpose.
The Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary defines purpose as “the reason why something is done or used: the aim or intention of something.” Knowing your purpose for purchasing a spin bike will help you to choose the precise bike that you need. When stating purchasing a product, you need to identify who will use it. Regardless if the bike is for you or someone, it is important to know the height, weight and age and how the user will use it.
It is quite easy if the bike is for you, as you know yourself. If the bike is for an elderly, then choose a spin bike that is user-friendly for this age group. It is the same way, if you intend to present it as a gift to your child. Even spinning classes for children set an age limit (the height is equally important).
Step 2: The Dimension and Weight.
Spin bikes are created differently; thus, they also have different dimensions and weights. The dimension and weight are essential factors when choosing the best spin bike, so it can fit the user’s height and weight, their room, too. To ensure if the dimension and weight would suit you or the user, I would suggest that you test the bike before placing an order. If it will be a gift, you can either bring the person or look for someone who has the same height and weight of the recipient to test the bike.
Step 3: The Quality.
Quality refers to the features of the spin bike. Look for a bike that has excellent quality features to ensure its durability and serviceability. An excellent quality spin bike may be a little expensive, though. Always choose quality over the price.
Step 4: The Aesthetics.
Aesthetics pertain to the design of a product. Good design is vital in new product development. This is because visually, functional and ergonomically attractive products are easy to recognize. Product designers normally have comprehensible expectations of what they think should be integrated into new products. Manufacturers assign a model number to every new product. The model number indicates that the product has a different design as well as features. The spin bike’s aesthetics would depend on your needs and taste.
Step 5: The Main Features.
The main features to look for when choosing a spin bike include the following:
- A nice heavy flywheel for ample resistance to reach a speed that is not extremely straining and for a better workout.
- Adjustable handle bar settings for a better bike fit and sufficient flexibility in your riding position.
- A belt-driven model spin bike for a smoother, quieter operation. Belt-driven spin bikes are sturdy and do not require much maintenance.
- Adjustable seat for a more appropriate and comfortable riding position.
- Add-ons like a bottle and book holder for hydration and so you can read a book while cycling.
Step 6: The Brand.
Choose a brand is famous and dependable assure you of getting a spin bike that has superb quality and service. With a newbie, choosing a famous brand is the best safe. A few of spin bike brands that you can choose: Sunny Health & Fitness, Exerpeutic, ….
Step 7: The Warranty.
A warranty is a written statement made by the manufacturer or seller of a specific product that states it will function in the manner specified. It is an assurance by a manufacturer or seller to the buyer that specific conditions and facts are correct or will occur. A warranty is an indication that the company has faith in its products and its durability. It provides reassurance to consumers of the product’s quality. Like any other products, spin bikes can have problems either at the time of purchase or after a certain period of time. The flaws or deficiencies are not noticeable until you use the bike.
Remember to get a warranty if you are to purchase a spin bike online or from a shop. It is also recommended to pick a spin bike that offers more than one year warranty. Ensure that you understand the warranty policies to avoid any problems in the future.
Step 8: The price.
Of course, the price of spin bikes depends on their features. Make sure to purchase a bike that is within your budget.
Attention when Using a Spin Bike
There are some people, particularly the newbies, who have difficulties using a spin bike. If you are a beginner, here are some tips and attentions on using a spin bike.
- Wear any regular bike shoes, as there are no special cycling shoes. You can also use running shoes.
- Prepare for each workout session for at least 15 minutes prior to setting up your spin bike.
- Ensure that the seat angle can support your full body weight. Adjusting the seat angle will help you to move around easily when needed.
- The saddle should be the same level as your hip bone. Adjust the seat onward and backward so your knees are parallel to your foot. To do this, you need to sit on the saddle and pedal consequently. They should be collectively at the 3 and 9 o’clock position and parallel to the floor. The saddle is in the correct position if your knee cap is right above the middle of the pedal.
- The saddle should make you feel comfortable, especially if you plan to cycle for an extended period of time. You can buy a bike seat cushion to ensure its comfort-ability, which you can buy in a sporting goods store in your area.
- The handlebars should be higher than the saddle. Look for a level that is comfortable to your limits to prevent straining your neck and lower back. For newbies, begin by using the handlebars in a very moderate substantial position. When your flexibility improves, start advancing the handlebars downward until these are on the same level when seated.
- The distance between the saddle and the handlebars should be equal to the length of your forearm.
- Make sure that the handlebars, the saddle post and slider are locked securely, as well as the other pop pins to avoid hurting yourself.
- Place the ball of your feet on the middle section of the pedal. This is the most solid surface and will give you the most comfortable and useful foot position.
- Move back to the seat if you notice that you have slipped forward.
- Do not put your weight on the handlebars, particularly if you are doing climbs or standing flats, and do not lean. The handlebars are used for balance only.
- Do not hunch, but keep your back flat when reaching forward to the handlebars.
- Tighten the crank system if you are rebounding on the seat until you can feel some resistance.
- Practice by learning to use the combination of resistance and speed to stabilize your rhythm and control your heart rate.
- Keep your knees in by using your abductor muscles.
- Keep your shoulders loose to relieve any neck pain.
- Lastly, do not eat or drink before using a spin bike. It is important not to be too full or hungry, but you should be well hydrated. Well hydrated means you do not feel thirsty. However, ensure to have a bottle of water to keep yourself hydrated, especially if you intend to cycle for a longer time. This is why it is important to purchase a spin bike with a bottle holder. You would also need a towel to wipe off sweat.
Spinning has been described as a high-energy fitness scheme, where you will do intervals, descents and climbs. It offers a complete body workout that targets your quads, glutes, hamstrings, as well as your heart. It provides you an intense fat burning and cardio workout. This is the main reason why spin bikes are now very popular.
There are several spin bike reviews on the Webs, but it is not enough to look into the pros and cons of each brand. It is also essential to check into their features so you can maximize your purchase. Your purpose of buying a spin bike should always be considered to check if the bike’s features can provide you the services that you need.
With the above information and by following the useful tips and tricks mentioned, I can assure that you will absolutely reap the full benefits of embarking an indoor cycling program using a spin bike. And remember that you need to read spin bike reviews meticulously before making a final purchase.